Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Fat Cat Cafe (N16 0UD)

119 Church Street, Stoke Newington, N16 0UD 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-Cat-Cafe/170705029747470 

Rumours abound that the internet is full of cats. I don’t have a problem with this. I love cats. I have even been called a “crazy cat lady” in the past. So there was no way that I could pass up a visit to a cat-themed café. 

And since I discovered the coolness of Stoke Newington (aka Stokie) there was even more reason to head back to this area.

Fat Cat is very understated, with minimal lighting, a bevy of tables crushed together elbow to elbow, with a teeny tiny serving counter at the back. Getting even close to the counter holds the risk of accidentally sitting on another customer’s lap. No matter; we’re all friends here.


What the counter holds is, ultimately, the most important thing… an assortment of whopping great big cakes. I was hard pressed to choose which one I wanted, as they all sounded (and looked) incredible. I resisted the temptation to order two for myself, which turned out to be a wise move.

I ordered the chocolate Guinness cake and was a happy kitty indeed when presented with a HUGE slice. I’ve sampled chocolate Guinness cake elsewhere, but Fat Cat wins hands down. 

It was rich, it was moist, it was lush, it was covered in icing, it was beautiful. It completed me.

Chokkie G and friends
Ben’s spiced apple cake was also delicious, but I only had eyes for the mac daddy Chokkie G.

After my visit here I left feeling like the (fat) cat that got the cream cake. 

CakeMyDayLondon Rating