Pages

Saturday 5 July 2014

Mouse & de Lotz (E8 2EB)

103 Shacklewell Lane
London E8 2EB
http://mousedelotz.com/


Mouse & de Lotz is a super petite little cafe that appears to be exceptionally popular... during our visit the traffic through the door never let up. Despite this constant stream of patrons, we were fortunate to get a seat, perching on a couple of stools crammed against a small ledge running along one wall. There is also seating outside, with benches running across the front windows.


 
The interior has a lovely rustic yet clean design, with nice touches throughout, including artwork on the walls, wooden benches and a large wooden bar featuring a huge selection of goodies. Altogether it was very pleasing to the eye.
 

 

I selected a giant slice of the carrot cake. Now this is really embarrassing to admit, but I’m writing this review a few weeks after my visit, and for the life of me I can’t remember what I thought of the cake!! Clearly it wasn’t bad, since I would have remembered. 

I would have also remembered if it was the best carrot cake I’d ever eaten. So I’m guessing it must have fallen somewhere between the two extremes. It looks great on the photo, so I’m going to proclaim that it was very good.

 
 

Tea was great. Coffee was great. I loved the crockery.

And the more I think about it, the more I believe the cake was great too. But there’s only one way to be sure, and that’s to go back again for another visit.


It’s a hard life being a cake reviewer, but I’m prepared to take one for the team.


CakeMyDayLondon Rating