Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

The Honey Pot (TN14 7TD)

4 High Street
Shoreham TN14 7TD

This tiny tea room is nestled in Shoreham, the most adorable little village imaginable, deep in the heart of the Kent countryside. The cafe doubles as a gift shop, and is staffed by the friendliest and most attentive ladies you'll ever meet.


It is utterly charming from the outside, with cheery yellow trim, whitewashed walls and potted flowers on display.
 
It's clearly a popular hotspot, as we had to wait for a table to become available, and customers continued to flock through the door throughout our visit. 

Service is a little slow, but I guess there has to be a balance between a relaxed country cafe pace vs customer throughput. 

The decor inside is a bit twee, but quite sweet in a granny-ish sort of way.


There is a broad selection of cakes available as well as scones for afternoon tea. 

I opted for the carrot cake, but I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed. It was dry and lacked taste. I wasn't a fan and I didn't enjoy it. 

Ben's warm apple pie was a hit however.

I didn't even have to ask Ben for his opinion on the coffee... I could tell it was awful by the look on his face. Actually, I could tell by its colour that it was going to be horrid… and I don’t even drink the stuff.


To be honest, I wasn't surprised, and I thought it was a pretty rookie mistake to have ordered it in the first place. He should have stuck with tea, as this was perfectly fine and came in a generously proportioned pot.

While we might be driving past again in the future on one of our country outings, I don't think we'll be stopping here again.

CakeMyDayLondon Rating