Pages

Saturday 14 June 2014

Cooper & Wolf (E5 0LA)

145 Chatsworth Road
Clapton E5 0LA
http://www.cooperandwolf.co.uk/

There's a certain thrill in discovering something new, so I was particularly excited to stumble upon the heretofore unknown (to me) Chatsworth Road. 

It's a bit like Stoke Newington Church Street before it became Stoke Newington Church Street. It has all the advantages of an up and coming area that is still on the up. 


Chatsworth Road is filled with an eclectic mix of shops (serving the old guard as well as the new breed), loads of cafes, and also features a street market on Saturdays. Best of all, parking is free!

Cooper & Wolf is down the far end of Chatsworth Road, away from the main strip of shops. 


It's worth the walk. 

I was captivated immediately... it had me at "Hello". It sits on a corner, facing a leafy park and has outdoor seating. There is cool graffiti on the neighbouring wall outside. 


The inside is even better! Lots of artwork, an old piano covered in pot plants, a book exchange shelf, quirky knick-knacks on display, seating along the front window overlooking the park, lots of seating inside (slightly crammed in, but it all adds to the atmosphere) and free wi-fi. I mean, you could quite happily live here.
 

 

The first time we visited I was rather disconcerted to be greeted cheerily by a friendly waitress, but I've come to accept that the staff are happy people. I tend not to like overly happy people, but I made an exception on this occasion.
 

 

There is a decent cake selection; I think they buy from the same people who supply Candela. After all, a pear-banana-chocolate cake is a rare combination and too much of a coincidence!

Loved the cake. Loved the coffee. Hell, I even loved the tea. 


Loved it, loved it, loved it.

CakeMyDayLondon Rating