Pages

Saturday 30 August 2014

Love Walk Cafe (SE5 8RS)

81 Denmark Hill, Camberwell, SE5 8RS 
http://www.lovewalkcafe.co.uk/


Love Walk? Why yes I do thanks.

This café is more than just a walk of love. It’s a Love Parade. Set on the busy, leafy Denmark Hill in Camberwell, you’ll be lucky to find a seat on weekends. This is a popular café and draws a crowd. 


I can appreciate its appeal, as it has the best of both worlds, with lots of seating indoors (upstairs as well as in the basement) plus seating outside for soaking up some rays.  


The downstairs area isn’t as grim as one would expect, mostly because this café makes good use of colour and quirky interior design. It has a personality that shines through in the very appealing décor. 


But what really makes this place awesome is its grand selection of cakes. I was blown over by the vast array of sweet temptations. So much so that I bullied Ben into having a cake (mostly so I could eat half of it), even though he was on a training diet for cycling (comprising of toast). 

 

I loved the chocolate toffee slice; it was chocolate-y and toffee-y. The lemon cake was wonderful too. I regretted offering to share with Ben, because he tucked into the cakes with relish. In the cake vs toast battle, cake always wins.


The only negative point (and it’s a minor one) was that I didn’t like what our waiter was wearing. He wore a football shirt, which to me seemed a bit… well…. bogan (which is Australian slang for a “person with an unsophisticated bjackground, or whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplify a lack of manners and education”). 

His service and manners were fine, so I’m only commenting on the clothing aspect which didn’t really fit with the clientele of the café. Like I said, it’s a minor (and some may say highly picky) point, but I can only say it like I see it.

All in all, I loved Love Walk and I am looking forward to returning. And next time, I might not share. 


CakeMyDayLondon Rating