Pages

Sunday 11 May 2014

Zealand Road Coffee Shop (E3 5QS)

391 Roman Road
London E3 5QS 


https://www.facebook.com/zealandroadcoffeeshop

This cafe works to a standard formula which I've seen a lot of lately in small pop-up style cafes on a tight budget.

Small space + minimal decor + simple offering + funky staff = quirky local cafe.

There are not a lot of cakes on display, but I enjoyed my chocolate & orange concoction, although the mix could have been smoother. I think they focus more on foody food than cakes.



I was, and still remain, perplexed at the number of staff working (3), given how tiny the cafe is. But they work at a veeeeeryyyy sloooowwwww pace. 


It took forever for them to clean the previous occupant's mess off our table, and we ended up clearing half of it ourselves.


 

Was it great? No.

Was it awful? No.

It was fine. Ben enjoyed his coffee and felt the barista took care with it (maybe that's why they have 3 people working behind the counter!).

If I lived around the corner, I would probably pop in regularly. Not much else I can say.


CakeMyDayLondon Rating