Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

Franze & Evans take two (E2 7DL)

101 Redchurch St, London Borough of Tower Hamlets, E2 7DL
http://www.franzeevans.com/


Further to a previous post (http://cakemydaylondon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/franze-evans-e2-7dl.html) I went back to Franze & Evans to get a better cake photo. Truth be told, I went back to have more cake and the "better photo" excuse is just that... an excuse. 

This time the day was sunny, an unexpected bonus for early October. The cafe was just as packed as on my last visit. I walked around the block, hoping that a table would become free on my return. 


During my walk I did scope out some potential cafes to visit next time I'm in the area, so all was not in vain.
This cake has the ideal cake:icing ratio - ie: a lot of icing. 

My persistence paid off. On returning to the cafe, while I was standing at the counter debating whether to have cake to take-away and sod the niceties of a sit-down afternoon tea, a table did free up. I pounced on it with the eagerness of a lion bringing down a gazelle. I am woman, hear me roar.

Being a lone diner on this occasion, and given the queue, I had to share my table with a rather amorous couple where the lady in question laughed like a hyena.


Fortunately the lemon & courgette cake transported me to my happy place, rendering hyena lady a little less annoying.


I've upgraded my initial rating to an 8/10 following this second visit, as there were a lot more cakes on display than I noticed last time.


So many more that I will have to return for a third or even fourth sampling.



CakeMyDayLondon Rating