Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Electric Elephant (SE17 3AE)

186a Crampton Street, London SE17 3AE

I love elephants. Not in an obsessive way, but seriously, who doesn't like elephants? So I had high hopes for the Electric Elephant, because I love electricity too, and I thought I could cover both my passions in one fell swoop. 

After coming here, I debated whether or not to write a review because our time here was rushed, much like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland (No time to say hello, goodbye!)


However, since I'm unlikely to visit this area in the near future, I figured I may as well do a write-up. 

I loved the setting of this cafe. It's on the corner of a lane of brick coach houses which are accessed via a private gate. The interior is small and cosy and creatively decorated, but we decided to sit outside and top up our vitamin D levels.

Sadly, the cake selection on the day we visited wasn't particularly enticing.

Bread pudding, a few brownies, a lemony thing and something else (queue sad face). We skipped the brownies but sampled the other three items on offer.


Since there isn't much else in the way of funky cafes around the Elephant and Castle area (unless you're a fan of the greasy spoon), it's still your best bet and a jolly nice place to hang out for a while. 

CakeMyDayLondon Rating