Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Coffee is my Cup of Tea (E8 3PH)

Mentmore Close, London, Greater London E8 3PH

We discovered this café after a visit to the E5 Bakery, as it’s about 3 doors down and has bathroom facilities (which the E5 lacks). I rather like the concept of using railway arches as cafes – rustic interiors with chunky wooden communal tables combined with industrial metal sheet walls, awkward spaces made to work with clever interior design, and no wasted space.




Having been here a couple of times the jury’s out in my opinion.

The first time I visited I loved the cake selection. The second time I found it lacking. 

Various takes on the banana slice are on offer (with peanut butter, with chocolate chips), although it can tend to being a bit dry and would be enhanced by about a million percent if it were served warm (or toasted) with butter.

Two people. Three cakes. Nothing wrong with that is there?

However, the prices are extremely reasonable, so this little café offers excellent value.

Would you like a bucket of cactus with your order?

I also like the fact that on the street outside is an innovative car-shaped bike rack. Nothing to do with the café, but I thought I’d mention it anyway as it’s a great initiative (http://thecityfix.com/blog/1-car-10-bicycles/).

CakeMyDayLondon Rating