Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

Franze & Evans (E2 7DL)

101 Redchurch St, London Borough of Tower Hamlets, E2 7DL

Located in the heart of East London action, Franze & Evans has an up-market feel and is very busy all the time. We were fortunate to get a table outside, probably because it was raining and no one else was prepared to brave the elements. Their loss.

This is a terrible picture and really doesn't do the cake justice. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back and have more cake so I can take a better photo. 

There was a delectable selection of cakes on offer, and I chose the delicious lemon courgette cake. 

I'm a fussy eater and I will only eat courgette (or most vegetables if truth be told) when it is combined with sugar and icing, so this cake was perfect for me. 

Also, I'm pretty sure it counted towards the recommended five-a-day servings of fruit and veg.


I will definitely go back for more next time I need a veggie hit, maybe on another rainy day.  

CakeMyDayLondon Rating